The Buying Process
- Buyer should select an experienced, knowledgeable Real Estate Agent. Agent and Buyer will sign an Exclusive Buyer Brokerage Agreement.
- Buyer should be pre-Approved by a mortgage lender. Sunbelt Lending Services can do this without obligation or cost. Call Don Thelen at 404-210-4715
- Buyer receives a Good Faith Estimate of mortgage loan costs from his lender.
- Buyer should determine where they want to live. The type of home, number of bedrooms, basement, yard, school district, age, commute to work and price range.
- Buyer and Agent find the home using MLS, Internet and driving around.
- Buyer and Agent write a contract offer. Buyer makes earnest money payment.
- Buyer and Agent negotiate the contract offer with seller including sales price, closing costs, closing date, purchase of personal property and Home Protection Plan.
- Agent finalizes the contract to include signing by all parties and distributes copies. Buyer’s lender starts loan submission process. Buyer helps lender finalize it.
- Home Inspection conducted by a licensed inspector. Report prepared. Cost is borne by buyer.
- Buyer and Agent review inspection report and negotiate repairs, if necessary, with seller and Listing Agent. Amendments to contract prepared and repair work is completed. Agent manages all transactional details leading to closing.
- Buyer obtains Homeowner’s Insurance and pays the first year’s premium (can be handled through closing attorney). Lender receives closing approval
- Buyer receives a preliminary Closing Statement from the closing attorney prior to the closing. Agent explains details to buyer.
- Buyer sends electronic wire to closing attorney sufficient to cover all closing costs and down payment. Buyer presents photo ID. Covers extra costs with personal check
- Buyer walks away from the closing with the keys to his new home!
Real Estate Consultant, ABR
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage